A look into our library at organic related research and information.
Children and Pesticides and Human Health
President's Cancer Report | President's Cancer Panel
- Pesticides in the Diets of Infants and Children | National Academy Press
- National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals| Center For Disease Control
- Organic Diets Significantly Lower Children's Dietary Exposure to Organophosphorus Pesticides | Environ Health Perspect. 2006 February; 114(2): 260-263
- Pesticide Appliers, Biocides, and Birth Defects in Rural Minnesota | U of MN.
Climate Change and Organic
- Farming Systems Trial Report | Rodale
Fast Facts from Rodale's 30 year Organic/Conventional Trials.
- Organic yields match conventional yields.
- Organic outperforms conventional in years of drought.
- Organic farming systems build rather than deplete soil organic matter, making it a more sustainable system.
- Organic farming uses 45% less energy and is more efficient.
- Conventional systems produce 40% more greenhouse gases.
- Organic farming systems are more profitable than conventional.
Find Local-Organic Food and Farms Near You
International Food Security
- International Conference on Organic Agriculture and Food Security | United Nations
- Organic Agriculture and Food Security in Africa | United Nations - Trade and Development
- The Organic Movement Past and Present | Roger Blobaum
- The Farming System Trial | Rodale Institute
- Farm Recipes | Atina Diffley